I'm sorry regarding last weeks mix up. I know you were all there eager to begin. I'm looking forward to meeting you on Monday!!!!
We will be exploring and building textual skills in both Chumash and Navi
To begin building an infrastructure of both grammar and textual skills for independent study
You will learn how to:
Discover the roots of Hebrew words; learn vowel patterns, word constructions, and grammar fundamentals. The course of study brings the learning of Hebrew texts down to a rudimentary level enabling the student to grasp the mechanics of the language. The method will show how the language can be broken down, making it user-friendly and accessible to the student.
A. Grammar Skills:
1. Learning to understand and use our grammar resource sheets to:
a) Conjugate verbs in all tenses
b) Recognize the 7 verb structures-(binyanim)
c) Become acquainted with regular and irregular verbs
2. Using our “four questions” as a guide to dissect a verb for translation:
1. Is this a verb or noun?
2. What is the tense; person; singular or plural?
3. How many of the letters make up the root?
4. What’s the structure (binyan)?
3. Learning how to reconstruct the root.(which root letters are missing)
4. Dictionary usage
B. Textual Skills
1. Learning how a verse is punctuated in order to ensure correct translation.
2. Clarifying the main point of the verse
I would very much appreciate you sending me an email filling me in regarding your ability to read Hebrew , your goals for this class and anything else you would like to share.
I will upload a series of grammar sheets which I would like you to print and have available forour first class.
Please have the following items at your disposal:
pen ,stapler and highliters to order and make those sheets user friendly.
See you in class!